Pages

1.22.2014

Disney Project - Snow White

Something you should know about me...I love lists.  Is that a weird thing to love?  It seems like it would be, but I love them.  It gives me great satisfaction to make lists and subsequently cross things off them.  So, with that preface, we'll get to the point of this post.

Madeleine loves Disney.  She would happily watch Disney Junior all day if I let her.  I actually love Disney too.  Besides the animated movies I grew up on, I really like their live action movies too.  When I was pregnant with Seamus I was so sensitive to subject matter that I could only watch lighthearted programs, and Disney movies fit the bill.  If you're in the mood for something lighthearted or inspirational they always deliver.

Since Madeleine and I both like them, I thought, "Wouldn't it be fun to have Movie Nights and watch all the Disney movies?"  Then I thought it would be even funner to watch all the Disney movies in chronological order.  Then I thought about what a nerd I was, and then said screw it, I'm going to do it anyway.  So, last Friday, we all sat down and watched Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
Photo Source: amazon.com
Bill and I both commented that we probably hadn't seen this movie in over twenty years.  It's funny re-watching it as an adult.  We could not get over Snow White's voice and how they probably auditioned a ton of women for her voice, and that is the one they picked.  That was what was considered a good voice back then!?!  Madeleine liked it - a few parts were scary for her, but she also had us all dancing around with the dwarfs too.  She's a very interactive movie-watcher.

If you're a nerd like me, and interested in watching all the Disney movies in order (both animated and live action) - here's the list I'm working from.

No comments:

Post a Comment