Pages

1.03.2014

The New House

There's so much I want to talk about I really didn't know where to begin.  I decided to start with something I am so excited about - the new house!!


This is the house for the long-haul.  I'm not sure yet if it's the "forever" house yet, but we're definitely going to be here for many years.  I cannot wait to start decorating.  I have so many ideas and plans and absolutely no money, so it should be fun.

I wish I had a huge chunk of cash and someone like Emily Henderson (love her) at my disposal, but that is not the case.  I'll be decorating like most of you probably are too - piece by piece; a little here, a little there.  Let me tell you, it's a really hard (and frustrating) way to decorate.  How do you work with what you already have?  Do you buy temporary pieces in your price range until you can afford what you really want - essentially buying things twice or never at all?  Do you live with the ugly until you can afford what you want?  How do you keep the look cohesive when it's never done?  What do you do when where you started possibly years ago is no longer what you want?

I've decorated very haphazardly in the past, and I want to take a more calculated approach going forward.  There will be mood boards, pinterest boards, and lots of lists in my future (and yours, hah!!)  The good news is that I really think anyone has the ability to decorate well - including me. Let's learn together!

Over the next week I'll be sharing the "before" shots of the house with some initial lists of my plans both short and long term.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment