Pages

2.26.2014

Grown-up Furniture

For the first time in our lives, Bill and I have dressers that were actually picked out intentionally! We've been using a hodgepodge of mismatched dressers for years. I was pretty adamant that I didn't want to the whole matching bedroom furniture thing. I wanted everything to coordinate, but not be a set. I don't think Bill wanted wait though, and I don't blame him because we'd probably still be waiting. So, we sort of compromised.
We picked up the above three dressers from West Elm. They have a really nice mid century collection right now that they're all from. However, we did hold off on getting the matching bed and nightstands.

Bill uses the top one, I use the middle, and Bill also uses the last as his nightstand. They're working great for us so far, although I will note that we had to return a few of them a couple of times because every one we got home was scratched in some way. I can't tell you how many times we went back and forth to the store that day. Finally, we asked the associates to remove them from their boxes at the store so we could find a group that weren't scratched up before leaving the store again. To their credit, West Elm was really helpful and the manager even gave us a $25 gift card for all our trouble. It was a crazy day, but we finally have proper dressers. Yay!!



No comments:

Post a Comment