Pages

2.24.2014

I mentioned here that the laundry room did not come with a washer and dryer. 
Our house in Wisconsin also did not come with a washer and dryer, so this was my second go-round purchasing these major appliances. Last time I was all about the front-loader washer. I had never had one before, but they seemed all fancy and the on-trend thing to buy.  

Guess what?

I hated it!

The wash cycle took forever (almost an hour), and in order to avoid odors you had to basically keep the door open all the time. It wasn't quite the sleek look I was expecting. Our laundry was in the basement, so it wasn't as big a deal, but I still was not happy with it.

So, this time around I was all about the top-loader. I checked all the major brands, and eventually settled on....
























Besides the top-loader, the only other things I was looking for was a hand-wash cycle on the washer, and the steam option on the dryer. Samsung had both these things. Also, I've been very happy with both my Samsung TV's, so I was comfortable with the brand.

I've had them for a few weeks now, and so far so good. The wash cycle is much shorter and they are both very quiet. I actually didn't even think about that when shopping, but since they are located on the first floor I'm really glad for it.

Oh, and one other thing I was concerned about...I'm only 4'11", so I debated whether reaching the bottom of the 5.0 cu. ft. tub would be an issue for me. I really wanted the space though to wash bigger loads, so I went for it. I'm happy to report that if I go up on my very tippy toes I can just reach the bottom.

It's not quite like this, but close. #shortgirlproblems
Photo from here.
So, that's one big thing I can cross of the list.

Laundry Room
- Buy washer/dryer
- Paint room and trim
- Paint door to the garage with chalk board paint
- Install cabinets above washer/dryer
- Utilize space next to washer to maximize storage
- Install heavier hooks on wall opposite washer/dryer for coat/bag storage

No comments:

Post a Comment