Pages

2.12.2014

You Can Share My Umbrella-ella-ella

I've been on the hunt for colorful and reasonably priced umbrellas for our pool area since we got here.  With our orange house I was thinking cobalt blue would be a nice splash of color, and since I needed three I was hoping to find them for around $50 a pop.  Do you know what I discovered?  That's a hard combination to find.  Most of the umbrellas I was seeing out there were in browns or aquas - maybe a yellow or green here or there.  Plus, they can be really expensive. I wasn't finding anything under $99, and most were in the $200 range.  Crazy, right?

So, imagine my surprise when I was at the grocery store of all places (Fry's for all you locals), and all above the frozen food aisle were tons of umbrellas in bright fun colors!!  They had a navy-ish blue that was very close to the cobalt I had been envisioning, but they also had royal purple.  When I saw that one my vision immediately changed.  Purple is my favorite color!!  Purple would look okay with our orange house.  There aren't a lot of places I can infuse purple into my home, but this could work.  The husband didn't seem to mind it either.  Purple, purple, purple!!!  I started to get really excited, but we still hadn't found the price yet. We were doing the happy dance when we discovered they were $49.99 each.  We ran home, dropped the kids off, and sent Bill back to pick up three umbrellas.

Tah-dah!!  Three pretty purple umbrellas now line our pool - just waiting for the season to officially begin.
I still can't believe this is my yard.  It's so different from what I always envisioned for our family, but I'm learning to love it more and more each day - rocks and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment