Pages

3.12.2014

Book Report - Allegiant

Book number two for 2014 was the conclusion to Veronica Roth's Divergent Series, Allegiant.
I enjoyed both Divergent and Insurgent, so I was looking forward to see how Veronica Roth wrapped up the series.  I have to say, I was a bit disappointed.  After writing the first two books from heroine, Tris' point of view - Allegiant jumped back and forth between Tris' and Tobias' (aka Four's) point of view.  I thought it was odd to give Tobias' view so much weight all of a sudden.  The big reveal as to what was beyond the wall was a bit of a let down too.  All that work to get out of the city, and it was just like - hey, welcome to life outside the city.  Glad you could make it.  It just seemed strange.  The momentum of the first two books stalls big time in Allegiant.

Obviously, if you read the first two, you should read Allegiant just to see how it all ends - just don't expect it to be more than what it is - an ending.

Note - it was very funny reading this after Diana Gabaldon's behemoth, Outlander.  I opened Allegiant up, and was struck by the huge font size.  LOL  I sometimes forget the big difference between adult and young adult skill level. 

Are you a fan of this series?  Did you like how it ended?  What about the movie?  The first book was the best, so I'll probably check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment