Pages

3.31.2014

Let's Go To The Movies - Divergent

I mentioned here that I had finished reading the Divergent series by Veronica Roth and was looking forward to seeing the film. Well, I saw it recently with some friends and really enjoyed it.

I thought they stayed pretty true to the story, and it was perfectly cast. Shailene Woodley was an ideal  Tris, and Theo James as Four...prepare to get lost in some dreamy, dreamy eyes. The two of them on their own carried the movie, and adding some of my other favorites - Kate Winslet, Ashley Judd, and Maggie Q...icing on the cake.

Divergent was a good book (for a YA novel), but the two other books in the series were not nearly as so. I'll be interested to see how the next few movies play out. This may be one of those rare cases where the movies are actually better than the books. We'll see.

Have you seen it yet? What did you think of it compared to the book?

No comments:

Post a Comment