Pages

3.07.2014

Metallics and Nudes

It's the last day of my Oscar fashion recap.  I mentioned before there was little color on the red carpet, but there were a number of noteworthy nudes and metallics - including my choice for best dressed of the night at the very end of this post.  First off though...

Angelina Jolie
My number one girl crush, Angelina Jolie, wore this gorgeous Elie Saab number.  Angelina usually goes full on sexy or matronly on the red carpet, and she went for matronly this year - as she was receiving a humanitarian award that night matronly was the right call.  My only complaint was that the beading along her bust was not super flattering.  Her hair and makeup were beautiful, and she just really looked happy all evening.

Goldie Hawn
Goldie Hawn stepped out in gold Versace.  It was a little slinky for my tastes, and her hair was a pretty unkempt for such a formal occasion.  However, she's 68 years young, and looks fantastic!!  If at that age you still got it, you might as well flaunt it.

Jessica Biel
The statuesque Jessica Biel wore a lovely Chanel column dress with a small train. If it weren't for the pretty shimmery lace this would have been a completely forgettable gown.  I was disappointed in her hair too. The side swept hair messed up the ombre effect.  All in all, I thought she could have done better.

Julie Delpy
Julie Delpy wore this nude Jenny Packham gown that suits her well (especially as a nominee for writing).  I loved the sleeves, and how all the draping starts in the center and spreads outward like a star.  I'm glad she did the bold lip color - it really pops.  I thought this was a great look. 

Sally Hawkins
I'm not too familiar with Sally Hawkins as an actress, but the nominee chose this long sleeved, high necked, gold Valentino that just overwhelmed her small frame.  This dress is wearing her, and not well.  Her hair and make-up looked very cute though.

Sarah Paulson
Sarah Paulson donned Elie Saab as well for the evening.  It's also long sleeved and gold like Sally Hawkins' was, but this dress fits Sarah perfectly.  It's not an exciting ensemble by any means, but she wears it well.

Jennifer Garner
I actually loved Jennifer Garner's silver Oscar de la Renta gown.  I must have an inner flapper girl because that fringe just looked so fun and flirty.  This was actually my third favorite look of the night, and my favorite metallic dress. The bust was very simple, but with all that movement going on at the bottom, I thought it worked.  Well done, Jennifer.

AND FINALLY...
Cate Blanchett
Red carpet Queen, Cate Blanchett, did not disappoint in this stunning Armani Prive gown.  Besides winning Best Acress; she wins both best nude/metallic dress and best dressed of the entire night!!  I loved this gown, and her hair, and her accessories.  It was, in my opinion, perfection.  It's hard to make a nude dress exciting, but this dress has so much intricate detail with the crystals and beading; yet she also looks like she is not wearing anything at all.  It perfectly matches her skin tone in the best way possible.  Loved it, loved it, loved it!!

And with that I'll end my week of Oscar fashion.  I had so much posting these.  I hoped you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Photos courtesy of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment