Pages

3.06.2014

Pretty Pastels

It was nice to see a few pastel colors on the red carpet too.

Laura Dern
Laura Dern wore this soft pink Alberta Ferretti.  I thought it was very simple and pretty.  I liked the corset top and texture on the bottom.  She was there to support her dad, Bruce Dern; I don't think she even presented, so as a "date" dress this was spot on.

Penelope Cruz
Penelope Cruz was also in pink in this Grecian Giambattista Valli.  I liked the color, cut, fabric, and even the little black belt. I wasn't a fan of all the extra fabric draped over her arm though. A dress like this is supposed to flow, and the extra fabric distracted from that affect a bit.  I also wish she had worn her hair down.

Jada Pinkett Smith
Jada Pinkett Smith also went pink grecian in this Versace number.  I like this dress better than Penelope's - the halter and interesting waistline work, and all the extra fabric is flowing nicely behind her.  My problem with the overall look is that Jada has a very hard and angular body.  She's beautiful, but it competes with the soft color and fabric of the dress.  If this dress was a deeper color I think it would have worked much better.

AND FINALLY...

Lupita Nyong'o
Lupita is my pastel winner in this Prada Grecian gown (another Grecian).  It's so lovely, she's so lovely.  Her hair and makeup is perfect.  The deep V neckline works on her small build - it in fact makes this dress.  I love the fabric (can you tell there are sequins or something sparkly on it?) and how it falls and flows behind her.  It was a dress worthy of an Oscar winner, and she rocked it.

What did you think of the ladies in pastels?  I didn't have a picture of Jada Pinkett Smith by herself, so I'll say that Will Smith was one of the best dressed men of the night - love the ascot!!  Jared Leto looked great too. I saw quite a few white jackets on the fellas, and at least one maroon and one blue tuxedo too.  Nice job gentlemen.

Photos courtesy of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment