Pages

5.07.2014

2014 Met Gala Fashion

The Met Gala was held earlier this week in New York, which means more celebrity fashion!! I love the Met Gala because it is not an awards show. It's actually a fund raising event held every year for the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute. It's a great combination of the entertainment and fashion industries, as well as the socialite world as well. Since it's more high fashion than hollywood you get a lot of bold looks that you don't usually see at award shows.  It also has a theme every year which is awesome - it's like prom for fashion enthusiasts. This year's theme was Charles James - Beyond Fashion; which seemed to translate into big poofy ball gowns.

Sarah Jessica Parker
First off, Sarah Jessica Parker in Oscar de la Renta. To me, SJP is the embodiment of the Met Gala's fun with fashion attitude and she always goes big. I didn't love her dress or gloves, but she definitely dressed the theme. I thought her hair and make-up were beautiful though.

Beyoncé
Beyoncé also made an appearance in this beaded, slinky Givenchy. I liked the look - especially the veil and lipstick. It's both classic and risky at the same time. It all worked for me.

Sarah Silverman
An almost unrecognizable Sarah Silverman wore Zac Posen. This is a beautiful dress, and so unexpected to see on the comedian, so I applaud her. My only complaint was the severe hairstyle. I would have loved to see her hair down.

Maggie Q
The Divergent actress, Maggie Q, also wore Zac Posen. I loved this dress too - the color, the texture, the pleating, the sleeves!! She also went with the severe bun, but I think it works better with this dress as her chest and shoulders are covered. So pretty!

Toni Garrn
Next up, model Toni Garrn in Topshop. I had to include at least one model in this post as this is a fashion industry event. I thought Toni's icy blue gown fit the theme perfectly. I loved the neckline and interesting shape of the gown. Great job.

Emmy Rossum
Emmy Rossum wore this yellow, floral, Carolina Herrera gown. You don't see a lot of patterned gowns on a Hollywood red carpet, but you will see it at the Met Gala. This one was my favorite. It was so bright and cherry and I loved her make-up too.

Blake Lively
Blake Lively looked very old Hollywood glamour in this nude Gucci. I loved her hair and accessories. The dress itself was more Hollywood than high fashion, but she still looked fantastic.

AND FINALLY...

Emma Stone
Emma Stone looked pretty in pink in this Thakoon two-piece gown. She had my favorite look of the night. Obviously, not on theme, but who cares. The real theme of the Met Gala every year is that anything goes. It was young and fun and she rocked it. I also loved the braided hair (glad she's back to red), the fresh make-up, and fun accessories. Well done, Emma.

All photos courtesy of here.

No comments:

Post a Comment