Pages

6.25.2014

Book Report - The Body Book

I recently read "The Body Book" by Cameron Diaz. This was a total impulse buy while shopping at Target not long ago. To best describe the read, just imagine if Cameron Diaz taught you health class.
Image from here
It is what it says, a book about the body. It's not just about nutrition, although that is a large portion. It's everything from what makes up your body, to how it works, to how best to maintain it. The material is a little dry sometimes, but there are enough "You go girls" in there from Cameron to keep it interesting.

I enjoyed the sections on body movement best and needed the reminder that our bodies want to be in motion.

My favorite quote from the book was:

"Discipline is having a strong awareness that your choices have impact and that your actions make a difference."

I gotta admit she's a great cheerleader.

Have you read this? What did you think? In general, how do you feel about beautiful and wealthy celebrities writing books like these. It didn't annoy me like I thought I would. I think it actually made me like her more.

No comments:

Post a Comment