Pages

6.02.2014

Meet Larry

Our yard has a new visitor - we named him Larry.
Everyday for the past week or so we kept seeing this lizard chilling on our backyard fence. He would be there multiple times a day to the kids' and husband's delight. It became Bill's mission to get a picture of it and hopefully identify it. This picture was taken with a zoom lens, as usually the moment we step outside he scurries off. I don't think Bill has identified him yet, but I'll let you know if he does.

Phoenix has a lot of different wildlife we are just beginning to experience. The birds are all different - there are a ton of quail which is new for me. Thankfully, I haven't seen any snakes or scorpions yet. I have seen two coyote so far. They had coyote in the mid-west, but they seem to be much more prevalent around here.

What's the local wildlife where you live? It's so weird to go from squirrels and raccoon to lizards and snakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment