Pages

6.20.2014

The Family That Vans Together...

We're headed on vacation next week, and I realized that neither of the kids have shoes that fit them well. Madeleine's toes are starting to hang out the end of her sandals, and Seamus has just been going barefoot so long now that I can't even get his shoes onto his feet anymore.  In anticipation of all the walking we were going to be doing, I also wanted to get new shoes for myself and have been interested in getting some Vans for a while now.

We found a mall near us that had both Stride Rite and Vans and headed out one Saturday morning.  We got their feet measured at Stride Rite, but were underwhelmed with the selection.  Everything was so juvenile - gaudy colors, characters, etc.  Plus, they were expensive.  I didn't want to pay over $40 a pair for something that I didn't even like.

With measurements in hand I figured I would go to Target later and find something for them.  Then, we headed to the Vans store for me.  The first thing we saw when we walked in were adorable kids shoes - who knew?  So, we looked for the kids too.  Pretty soon Bill was in on the action too. He was feeling nostalgic; apparently he pretty much only wore Vans when he was younger.

Here's what we walked out of there with.

Emily - Authentic Lo Pro in High Rise/True White
Madeleine - Atwood V, Toddlers in Grey/Pink Lemonade
Seamus - Slip On V, Toddlers in Shark (not available online)

I think I'll be buying Vans for the whole family going forward.  They are such classic shoes, but still have a touch of fun and whimsy to them.  Plus, they are super comfortable.

Just for the record, this was not a paid for or sponsored post (I wish).  I think this is a good product, so I just wanted to share.

2 comments: