Pages

8.27.2014

Emmy Fashion - Orange, Yellow, and Green

Today we're talking about orange, yellow, and green dresses. I wasn't kidding when I said there was a rainbow of colored dresses this year. Let's start with the orange!

Kerry Washington
Nominee, Kerry Washington, wore this orange Prada dress. I didn't love the dress. The color...not so great. Also, the black sequined mini-skirt peeking out from the slit is distracting. I would have lost that and just lowered the slit a bit. Her hair and make-up look fantastic though.

Heidi Klum
Heidi Klum, judge on America's Got Talent, wore this lovely coral Zac Posen gown. I loved this look. The flutter sleeves and train really boost the fanciness factor. Her light make-up, soft wavy hair, and simple accessories complete the look. Beautiful job!

Sibel Kekilli
Game of Thrones star, Sibel Kekilli wore this orange Kaviar Gauche gown which I actually liked. I can't help it, I always love dresses with sleeves. It's a lot of material, but I think she wears it well. She was usually quite scantly dressed on Game of Thrones, so maybe she wanted to counteract that image here. It worked because I hardly recognized her. The gold belt and clutch compliment the simple silhouette well. Good job!

Sarah Hyland
Modern Family cutie, Sarah Hyland, wore this two piece Christian Siriano ensemble. I loved the skirt. Her make-up looks great, and the high bun is adorable. It all fits her perfectly, and she looks very age appropriate. Cute!

Samira Wiley
Samira Wiley from Orange is the New Black wore this Christian Siriano yellow number and I liked it. It looks great with her skin tone, and the bold color is all the accessory needed. I'm not big on mermaid silhouettes, but this worked for me.

Allison Tolman
Nominee, Allison Tolman from Fargo wore this one shouldered emerald green Romona Keveza gown. I thought it was just a tad too long for her, but otherwise I liked it. Also, I think her hair should have also been swept over to the other side.

Laura Prepon
Laura Prepon from Orange is the New Black wore this Gustavo Cadile dress. I like the color and the peek of blue under the peplum waist, but the collar on one side - sweetheart on the other neckline was very distracting. One or the other, and this dress would have been fine. Not a great look.

Vanessa Williams
Vanessa Williams looked stunning in this kelly green peplum waist dress (could not find the designer). Can you believe she is 51? The dress fits her great and is very flattering. Her hair and make-up sealed the deal. Great job!

Sarah Silverman
Nominee Sarah Silverman also looked great in this forest green Marni gown. It's simple, but the belt and plunging neckline kept it interesting. I really loved how her hair was styled too.

AND FINALLY...
Kate Walsh
Kate Walsh's canary yellow Stephane Rolland gown was my favorite of this group. There's so much to love here - the crew neckline, capped sleeves, peplum skirt with sequins peeking out from underneath, and the train!! I loved it all. Even the bold color worked for me. It looked great with Kate's skin tone and hair. Beautiful!! 

All photos from here except for Sibel Kekilli, Samira Wiley, and Allison Tolman which are from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment