Pages

8.26.2014

Emmy Fashion - Red and Pink

Did you watch the Emmy's on Monday? I had every intention of doing so; but when I got home that night at 7pm, Bill informed me they were already over!! I forgot live events like these are on earlier here. I hopped right online though to start checking out the dresses.

I was happy to see a lot of color, although it was mostly red, white, and blue. How patriotic of everybody!!

Let's "ROY G BIV" it this week and go through the entire rainbow of dresses, shall we?

First off...red and pink.

Julia Louis-Dreyfus
The Emmy winner wore a red Carolina Herrera halter dress. This dress fits her great. I love the halter and the belt. She looks amazing. My only complaint is that it's a little simple for an awards show.

January Jones
Mad Men's, January Jones, wore this red and black Prabal Gurung gown. I actually like the look from the chest down. The dress is cute (are those pockets!?!) and the shoes are killer. I only wish she had worn her hair down around her shoulders.

Christina Hendricks
Also from Mad Men, nominee Christina Hendricks wore this red Marchesa gown. I wish the lower half was more of ballgown and less mermaid. The horizontal line right above her knees throws the look for me. I think the look could have been improved if she wore her hair up as well.

Mindy Kaling
Mindy Kaling (love her show!) wore a Kenzo halter dress. I didn't mind the metallic striping, although I think it could have done without the one on her chest. There's just a little bit too much going on. Her hair and make-up are flawless though.

Minnie Driver
I really liked Minnie Driver's Marchesa gown. It's simple, yet elegant. The neckline is flattering and it fits her great. Her hair, make-up, and accessories all look great too. Well done, Minnie.

Claire Danes
Nominee Claire Danes wore Givenchy Haute Couture, and I almost liked it. The silhouette, color, material, and even the neckline beading was working for me. What threw me was the waist. I would have preferred the belt only. The cut-outs are distracting. Her hair and make-up looked great though.

Uzo Aduba
Uzo Aduba aka Crazy Eyes from Orange is the New Black (how different does she look in real life?) wore this beautiful Christian Siriano gown. The neckline, fit, and train were all perfect. She kept her hair, make-up, and accessories simple to pull off a great look. Awesome job!!

Lena Dunham
Poor Lena Dunham seems to have landed the worst dressed spot, and I'm afraid I have to agree. She opted for a pink to red ombre Giambattista Valli skirt with a pink top. I think if the skirt was black it could have worked, especially with her new blonde bob; or if the top was more tank-like...maybe? I get it, she's quirky, but I have seen her look so much better than this. Not her best look at all.

Zooey Deschanel
I loved Zooey Deschanel's hot pink Oscar de la Renta gown. It fits her great and the color takes it from boring column dress to formal fun. The silver clutch and shoes were a great addition and her hair and make-up look great. She looks adorable all around.

AND FINALLY...
Kaley Cuoco
Kaley Cuoco, from The Big Bang Theory wore this "love it" or "hate it" Monique Lhuiller gown and I loved it!! The sweetheart neckline is flattering, but it was the pink flowers and tulle layering that really made the dress. If it was only the flowers; it would have looked very romantic. If it was only the funky tulle layers; it would have looked very edgy. Combining the two was such an unexpected twist that to me looked awesome.

All photos from here except for Minnie Driver's which is from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment