Pages

9.22.2014

Coveting Chairs

Hey, remember my dining room table? (see here for more details) The chairs are working fine for us for now, but in my view, they've always been temporary.
I hadn't really thought too much about it since either. However, looking at this next picture things are looking pretty bare in the dining room. I still need drapes, a new light, and a rug; so it might be a little premature to be thinking about chairs yet. And I really wasn't thinking about them...
until I saw these!!! I love them. They're a total mixture of a traditional upholstered dining chair with the clean lines of a mid-century modern dining chair. They would bring really nice texture, color, and lines to the room. The only thing holding me back is the price tag ($400 a pair). I would need at least 6, and $1,200 seems a lot to spend right now. So, for now I'll just be admiring from afar, saving my pennies, and hoping they're still around when I can afford them.
What big ticket items are you guys saving for? Everything I want seems to cost $1,500 - that's like the magic price tag for every project I want to do in the house. Decorating piece by piece over a long period of time is really hard to do. It just feels like you'll never ever get the finished room you want, am I right?

2 comments:

  1. We're saving for new floors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love new floors here, but that's probably quite a few years away. You've been in your house a while now though, so you've definitely earned them.

      Delete