Pages

11.03.2014

Halloween...finally!

The day before Halloween we finally got around to carving pumpkins. We told Madeleine to draw any face she wanted on her pumpkin and we would carve it. She got right to work cleaning it out.
Seamus was a little hesitant about the whole thing. We actually planned for him to finger paint his pumpkin, but having never finger painted before he didn't quite get it. After he tried to eat a finger full of blue paint we decided to go a different route. We cut the top off and gave him a scoop. He was happy to continually dip it in and out of the pumpkin, but that was about it.
Madeleine later helped to clean out Seamus' pumpkin too. She had a great time. My parents had just gotten into town a few hours earlier for a weekend visit, so that combined with pumpkin carving was her idea of heaven.
Bill managed to carve a little ghost face onto Seamus' itty-bitty pumpkin.
We had a long and crazy week leading up to this picture. We're both so exhausted here, but we hide it well don't you think?
The final product!!

Moving on to Trick-or-Treating on Halloween.

First, I have to say that I was so excited that Trick-or-Treating was actually on Halloween. Back in Wisconsin or town did Trick-or-Treating on the Saturday prior to Halloween between 2-4pm, and it always bummed Bill and I out. I think I was just as excited as Madeleine to go Trick-or-Treating on Halloween night - the way it should be!!

Here we are ready to go Trick-or-Treating with the cutest little wolf and monkey around!!
At first Seamus wanted nothing to do with the hat part of his costume, but once he realized we were going outside he forgot all about it.
Despite having a little trouble walking in his costume, he did great and had so much fun. He lasted about three blocks before Grandpa took him home and we continued on with Madeleine.
Madeleine had a lot of fun and remembered to say "Trick-or-Treat", "Thank you", and "Happy Halloween" at just about every house. She continually asked for additional treats though!! We had to remind her to take only one at just about every house.
Also, I have to give Bill a huge shout out on Madeleine's costume. He knocked it out of the park. The base of her costume (hat and jumper) was from Pottery Barn (here), and I picked up some brown leggings from Old Navy, but Madeleine kept insisting she needed paws. My awesome husband went to the fabric store and found some furry fabric and then made her the furry sleeves and feet using my sewing machine. It was his first time using the sewing machine which is one more time than I've used it.  He did such a great guy! She was so happy with her costume, and so was I.
Here are the kids sorting through all their loot later that night.

I don't know about you, but I had such a fun time celebrating Halloween this year. It was our first Halloween in the new house and it all felt really special. I hope you enjoyed all the Halloween posts. I had such a fun time writing them all for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment