Pages

11.05.2014

Happy Birthday, Madeleine!

Madeleine recently turned 4 years old!! I'm not sure how that happened because the last time I checked she was my sweet little baby girl. She still is, but if you ask her she'll say that she's not a baby, she's a big kid. And my big kid wanted a My Little Pony birthday party.

The only problem with that...besides her and her brother the only other child coming was 6-month old. So, basically I had to throw a My Little Pony party for adults that Madeleine would still feel was the special party she was looking oh so forward to.
I kept it simple. I got to use my new pink striped table cloth from CB2 (remember from my Crush List here).
As much as Madeleine likes My Little Pony, she actually didn't have any of their little toys. So, as part of the decor and surprise for her I got all of them and used them to inspire the food.

I bought pre-made Rice Krispie Treats and decorated them with icing to look like books for Twilight Sparkle

We had apple slices with warm caramel (not pictured) for Applejack.

Rock candy, which I personally think is gross, but still looked cool for Rarity. 

Not a food, but we had balloons for Pinkie Pie.

A simple vegetable dish for Fluttershy (get it, because she takes care of little animals like bunnies)

Finally, a rainbow cake for Madeleine's favorite pony, Rainbow Dash.

I picked up this cute tissue paper pom-pom garland at Target and did my best to disguise our terrible chandelier.
I loved the garland I had made from Piggy Bank Parties on Etsy.
The banister across from the table got the balloon treatment. There were also a couple of balloons loose on the floor. I'm continually amazed at how much fun my kids have just hitting balloons around the house.
We served pizza and salad for dinner, and followed it up with this rainbow cake I made!
Oh, did I forget to mention that the rainbow was on the inside!?!
I'm going to write up a whole other post on the makings of the rainbow cake. It was quite the labor of love, and I was so happy it turned out just how I was hoping. Excuse me while I pat myself on the back a second.

So, that was Madeleine's party. It was pretty simple, but fun and bright just like my 4-year old. I had no complaints from her, so I guess it was a success. She was all smiles all day, especially when she got her new green bike! 
Happy Birthday to my baby girl...I mean big kid, Madeleine!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment