Pages

12.15.2014

Coming Soon - Inherent Vice

Thanks to my Phoenix Film Society friend, I was able to see a sneak peak of an upcoming movie. This time around it was Paul Thomas Anderson's Inherent Vice.

I wish I could tell you that this was a fantastic, must-see film; but I'm still trying to digest what it was I watched. The cast is stellar, and I really liked the style, setting, and costumes - but I had no idea what this movie was about!!! I was so lost throughout the entire thing.

It was so hard to follow, that literally 15 minutes in my friend and I were whispering to each other, "I'm so confused" and "Do you understand what's going on?"

I kept hoping that it would all come together in the end to all make sense, but it didn't - at least not for me. I sort of got one part of it, but am still clueless on most of it. This film will probably get praised by the critics and people will say they loved it, but they'll all be lying because they're too afraid to admit they didn't get it. Hah!

If I were you, I'd wait for this one to come out on DVD. It comes out January 9th, and if you do go see it let me know what you think. Maybe you can explain it to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment