Pages

12.12.2014

Good Morning, Angels

Did you see the Victoria's Secret Fashion show yesterday? I just love watching it each year. I've pretty much resigned myself to the fact that I will never be a Victoria's Secret model, so I just watch it for the fun of watching the beautiful in beautiful costumes.

They broke the show up into six different themes, and I picked my two favorite looks from each to highlight here.

First up, was Gilded Angels. A beautiful take on the classic angel look all done in white and gold.
Behati Prinsloo
I loved the wings and breastplate corset on this one, plus those killer boots!! This one had a very warrior angel feel to it. Fierce!
Lily Donaldson
I thought the skirt on this one was just beautiful, and again with the breastplate, but on this look it came off very Grecian looking. So lovely.

Next up was the Dream Girl theme; and Taylor Swift, who could be a Victoria Secret model herself performed. This theme was all black and pink with a very 40's boudoir feel to it.
Taylor Swift
Martha Hunt
I loved the soft, fluffy, pink wings on this look juxtaposed with the black stockings. The necklace, lace, and powder puff stilettos complete the look.
Blanca Padilla
This one was all about the robe for me. The soft color and fabric, the way it flows, it's just such a romantic look.



Ed Sheeran took the stage next for the Exotic Traveler theme, and we finally got to see Angel veterans, Adriana Lima and Alessandra Ambrosio. VS did two Fantasy Bras this year to commemorate their friendship and long partnership with VS.  Awh.
Adriana Lima & Alessandra Ambrosio
These were such vibrant and fun looks. I just loved all the jewels and sparkle here.
Lais Ribeiro
This next look was all about the gorgeous floral fabric for me. Seriously, how beautiful is that fabric. I love how the bright colors pop off the black. The vest was super cute too.

The next theme was University of Pink with Ariana Grande performing. This was actually my least favorite theme, but it was still fun and colorful.
Elsa Hosk
I liked the graffiti wings here, plus it was nice to see some cute sportier looks.
Sara Sampaio
This crop top and leggings look was really fun. I especially liked those bangle bracelets, and check out those shoes! I love how they have treads on them. No detail is missed.

Moving on to the Fairy Tale theme with a performance by Hozier. This theme was very soft and ethereal. One of my favorites of the night.
Lily Donaldson
I adored the beading on this look, plus the shades of purple. I love how it feels both heavy and soft at the same time. It also moved really well on the runway.
Devon Windsor
Thee dragonfly wings on this look were a nice change of pace. I just loved the color. The gray vest and boots really pulled the look together; so intricate and detailed.

Finally, Taylor Swift took the stage again for the last theme, Angel Ball. All the looks were all done in black (or near black) and/or white. It had a very dark and moody feel to it and was perfect to close the show.
Lily Aldridge
I loved the sparkly midnight blue on this look; such a pretty fabric. The wings were very villainous too.
Kate Grigorieva
Finally, this sheer dress with black embroidery looked really great on stage. I also liked the high-waisted underwear. Very nice look.

I thought it was a really good show. Taylor Swift was an awesome choice. One of her best friends is model Karlie Kloss, so it was cute to see them interact on stage together. The same for Alessandra and Adriana, there was a real sense of friendship emanating from the screen and it made it all so fun.

I'm already looking forward to next year's!!

All images from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment