Pages

12.01.2014

Let's Go To The Movies - Big Hero 6

Madeleine and I had a movie date over the weekend. We saw Big Hero 6. The last time we took Madeleine to the movies we ended up leaving early. It was about a year ago and she was just too young. Her attention span is still pretty short though, so I wasn't sure what to expect from her this time. I wasn't sure what to expect from this movie either. I had seen the trailer..."hairy baby", but honestly wasn't really too intrigued by it. So, what did we think?

I thought it was great. It was funny and sweet; plus action packed. What I really liked about it though was the emphasis they put on science. There were no princesses here. They're Super Heroes, but not because they're super human, but because they're smart and invent super suits full of all sorts of neat gadgets. It was also quite lovely how they portrayed death, and how even though people we love may die, they are forever in our hearts. That's a hard message to get across to kids, and Disney did a great job of exploring loss in a way that will make sense to kids.

Madeleine liked it too. I'm excited to say she made it through the entire movie. It wasn't for lack of trying though. After the popcorn ran out, she wanted to go get another snack. She wanted to go to the bathroom. She wanted to go "talk to the neighbors" (the people sitting down the row from us). I was able to talk her out of everything though. She still moved around a bunch. She would climb on my lap whenever the "bad guy" was on screen, but other than that she was great. It was a fun time.

No comments:

Post a Comment