Pages

12.03.2014

Serial

Are you listening to the Serial podcast? I'm totally hooked.
Photo from here
If you're living under a rock and don't know what this is about, let me fill you in.

In Baltimore, 1999, 17 year old Adnan Syed is convicted of killing his ex-girlfriend Hae Min Lee. He's serving a life sentence in prison. He says he's innocent. Journalist, Sarah Koenig, decides to investigate. Each week Sarah (who I could listen to talk all night - her voice is so soothing) tells us about the case and what she's discovered; and we also get to hear from many of the actual parties involved through her taped interviews, including Adnan himself.

When I first started listening I assumed the story would be all about how Adnan was wrongfully convicted, but it's not. He might have been, but I'm 10 episodes in and Sarah's still not sure and neither am I. I definitely think he got short changed in his trial, and there seems to be a lot of reasonable doubt. Whether he's truly innocent though...

This is the first podcast I've ever listened to. I didn't realize most of them were free, so I'm sure it won't be the last.

Are you listening to Serial? I'm dying to talk more about it with someone. I'm so excited there's going to be a Season 2. Are there any other podcasts I should be listening to? Let me know.


No comments:

Post a Comment