Pages

1.26.2015

Fashion Woes

I don't have a wardrobe. What I have is a hodgepodge of clothes that I make due with. So, to say that I've been struggling for a while now in the clothes department is quite the understatement. I've been in a rut since Madeleine was born a little over 4 years ago. I still love fashion though, and I've decided I'm not ready to give that part of me up yet.

I also think the things I'm struggling with are probably the same things a lot of other women out there are struggling with too. Right now my number one problem is fit. My body has changed so much since pregnancy. I still haven't lost all the baby weight from Seamus, and I carry my weight differently than I did before I ever even got pregnant too. It is very difficult for me to find clothes that fit me in a way I am happy with.

I keep thinking of my weight as a temporary situation too; that I'll just wait to buy clothes until I'm back to where I want to be. I tell myself, why spend the money on "temporary" clothes I won't need once I'm skinny, right? Subsequently, I hardly have any clothes. And I don't mean that in the, I have all these clothes, but nothing to wear kind of way either. With the exception of a few jeans, t-shirts, and pajamas I keep in my dresser, this...is the extent of my current wardrobe.
Seriously, that's it. This was after the laundry was all done too!!

I think it's about time to face reality. I need to finally accept my body the way it is. I need to find clothes that fit and flatter it. I need to start participating in the world of fashion again.

Oh, and accepting my body the way it is doesn't mean I'll stop continually try to improve it. From now on though, I will shop for and dress whatever my current body is at that moment. No more waiting for some day.

Wish me luck, and stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment