Pages

1.16.2015

2015 Golden Globe Fashion - Crew

Today is the final day of talking about Golden Globe fashion, and we're looking at all the crew neck dresses of the night. I love a great crew neck dress, and thought these were some of the most interesting looks of the night. Ready?

Robin Wright
First up, Robin Wright in this two-piece, black Ralph Lauren gown. I thought she looked great. I loved how the two pieces gave it some edge. She looks cool and comfortable. Nice job!

Anna Faris
Anna Faris wore this nude Reem Acra dress. She looks cute, but the color of the dress washes her out. It's a pretty dress though. I did like her hair and make-up a lot. Such a great smoky eye. Not bad.

Kiera Knightley
A pregnant Kiera Knightley wore this butterfly and feather patterned Chanel dress. The dress is very...unique, but I think she looks really cute. I've mentioned a few times where I've liked the dress, but not the overall look...well, this is the opposite. I don't love this dress, but the overall look works. Nicely done. 

Amy Poehler
I already mentioned Amy Poehler here, but I'm going to mention her again for this cobalt blue Stella McCartney number. I really liked this dress on her too. The color is gorgeous. It's long-sleeved, crew necked, and has pockets...my kind of dress! I think she should have nixed the necklace, and left her hair down, but other than that another great job for Amy.

Ruth Wilson
Ruth Wilson wore this green and blue, geomatric Prada gown. I really wanted to like this dress, it was just so different; but the sleeveless look bothered me and the neckline was too high. It would have worked better if it was strapless. I did like her hair though.

Christine Baranski
Christine Baranski looked stellar in this burgundy Zac Posen gown, but when doesn't she look great on the red carpet? She always brings it. The dress is feminine, fits well, and age appropriate. Her hair and make-up complete the understated elegant look. Great job!!

Ellie Kemper
Ellie Kemper's metallic Naeem Khan dress was one of my favorites of the night. The silhouette is so simple, but the art deco pattern and pops of red made it really visually entertaining. Her hair looks good and the red lips compliment the dress perfect. She looks great!

Julianne Moore
Double nominee and winner, Julianne Moore, wore this awesome metallic, ombre Givenchy Haute Couture gown. What a great dress?! I loved the liquid silver look on top, and the gradation of the feathers from silver/grey to black was spectacular. Her hair, make-up, and accessories were all spot on. Awesome job!!

Dianne Kruger
Diane Kruger wore this beautiful Emilia Wickstead metallic silver dress. I loved this whole look. She is so statuesque and the dress really shows that off. A perfect example of how important good fit is. I mean, seriously...like a glove. I would wear this dress in a heart beat. Beautiful job!

 AND FINALLY...

Felicity Jones
Ultimately, I ended up picking Felicty Jones in Dior Haute Couture as my favorite crew neck dress and overall best look of the entire night. This dress is gorgeous! I loved the color and the shape. The detailing around the neck and bust were just so lovely. The hair and make-up were perfect and I loved the earrings and ring - so pretty. She looks regal and beautiful and I loved it!

Well, that concludes my Golden Globe fashion review. What was your favorite dress? Did you agree or disagree with me? I was so impressed by Felicity Jones. I'm not sure how she is going to top this at the Oscars, but I can't wait to see.

Have a great weekend!

All photos from here except for Julianne Moore, Ruth Wilson, Felicity Jones, and Ellie Kemper's which are from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment