Pages

1.15.2015

2015 Golden Globe Fashion - Strapless

By my calculation the classic strapless dress was the most popular of the night. Let's get to it!

Naomi Watts
Naomi Watts wore this yellow Gucci gown. I thought it was a fun, cute look. The color was great, and I loved the belt. I almost wish the fabric was not draping on the bodice though. It would have been a much sleeker look without the folds. There is a slight fit issue on the bodice as well. Her hair and make-up look great though, and how cool is the snake necklace? I loved it.

Dakota Johnson
Dakota Johnson, daughter of Melanie Griffith and Don Johnson, and star of the upcoming 50 Shades of Grey film wore this silver metallic Chanel Haute Couture number. I didn't really care for this dress. It reminds me of Christmas tree tinsel and looks rather flimsy. I think it's the hi-lo hemline that is throwing everything off for me. I would have rather seen it as just a full-length gown. This one was a miss for me.

Lupita Nyong'o
Lupita Nyong'o wore this lovely purple and white floral Giambattista Valli Haute Couture gown. This was one of the most visually interesting dresses of the night. The color looks gorgeous on her, and I loved her hair, make-up, and accessories too. Well done!!

Salma Hayek
Salma Hayek wore this white Alexander McQueen dress. There was just way too much going on here. The dress itself is good, but the hair bow, big earrings, belt, bracelet, rings, and bag takes it from simple ballgown to bad prom. I would have kept the earrings and belt only. Her hair and make-up look great though.

Allison Williams
Allison Williams wore this gorgeous red Armani Prive gown. The dress itself is perfect. It's a bold color, and the horizontal ruffles and sparkles really up the fancy factor. It's a shame that she sort of blended into the red carpet though. Also, her hair and make-up is too severe and she is looking way too thin. Great dress, but not a great look overall.

Maggie Gyllenhaal
Maggie Gyllenhaal wore this rose Miu Miu dress, and I actually liked it. The color one we don't usually see on the red carpet and the column silhouette looks good on her. The fit is a little off on the bust - a bit too tight and too low. Not bad though.

Joanne Froggatt
Downton Abbey's, Joanne Froggatt wore this embroidered, floral, navy Marchesa dress. The more I see this dress, the more I like it. The color is gorgeous (navy dresses are my favorite), and the embroidery is really cool - especially along the bust. Her hair is absolutely adorable, and her make-up and earrings are spot-on. Great job!!

Katie Holmes
Kate Holmes wore this purple Marchesa number. I was unimpressed with this dress. The color was great, but that's about it. It's just kind of boring, and unfortunately wrinkled (a red carpet no-no). Her make-up is nice, and I liked the sleek hair (although the pony tail is way too long). This one was just 'eh for me.

Reese Witherspoon
I almost picked Reese Witherspoon's metallic, silver Calvin Klein as my favorite strapless of the night, and if you ask me tomorrow I may say it was. It's really gorgeous and fits her absolutely perfect. I mean, seriously! Amazing job!!

AND FINALLY...

Leslie Mann
Ultimately, I decided Leslie Mann's yellow Kaufmanfranco gown as my favorite strapless of the night. It fits her perfect, and the silhouette is great. I loved her hair and red lips, and the jewelry was cool - those earrings! Ultimately, it was the color and shimmery fabric that I just loved so much. It was so bold and risky, and it payed off. Beautiful!

All photos from here except for Naomi Watts, Joanne Froggatt, Leslie Mann, Maggie Gyllenhaal, and Katie Holmes which were from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment