Pages

2.13.2015

Indoor Camping

Madeleine expressed an interest in camping recently. We thought about setting up the tent in the backyard for her, but decided to test the waters with an indoor camping session first.
This was an all "DAD" project. Bill set up the tent in the loft, and Madeleine was so excited to help him and find out what all the different camping gear was and what it was used for. He even bought her marshmallows. The two of them slept in there all night, while I enjoyed a night of Gilmore Girls on Netflix and having the entire bed to myself. So, win-win for Madeleine and me. Bill had fun too, but confessed to an awful night's sleep. However, it was a small price to pay for how happy he made Madeleine that night.
Seamus was pleased as punch to discover the tent the next morning. It ended up being a fun playhouse for them all day.

I don't think we're quite ready to attempt a full on camping trip any time soon, but it was fun practice. I can't wait for my turn next.

Do you like camping? If so, at what age did you start taking your kids? Any tips for camping with little kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment