Pages

2.16.2015

Valentine's Day Recap

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day weekend.

Bill and I had the best evening. We got all dressed up and went to a fancy dinner and show, and by that I mean we donned Rangers gear, ate concession stand food and watched a hockey game.

It was so romantic.
It actually was romantic and lots of fun too. Our rare date nights usually consist of us getting out to see a movie, so this was a nice change of pace. It was fun to be out together surrounded by a bunch of people, all of us sharing the same experience. I love live events, and I love being with Bill - so win/win for me.
We were there to cheer on the New York Rangers, Bill's favorite team. Wisconsin has no NHL team, so he adopted the Rangers as his team ages ago. As I was not really a hockey fan prior to meeting him, I jumped on the Rangers bandwagon after we started dating. Together, we've seen them play in New York, Chicago, and now Phoenix.

The funniest part of the night was that there were probably more Rangers' fans there than Coyotes' fans. Phoenix is a city of transplants, so the population that roots for the local teams here is small. It was almost like being at a home game there was so much red and blue in the stands.
It was an exciting game, and the Rangers won 5 to 1. Such a fun time! We need more dates like this in the future.

Did you do anything fun or out of the ordinary for Valentine's Day? I'd love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment