Pages

3.27.2015

Vegetable of the Month - Zucchini Part Two

For our second zucchini recipe this month, I decided to go a different route and make a main dish. I definitely went outside my comfort zone with this one, and attempted something I've never done before.

Vegetable - Zucchini
Recipe - Sweet Corn and Zucchini Pie

Here's what the pie looked like before it went into the oven.
And here's the after! It looks more like a quiche to me than a pie.
I thought it was pretty good. I didn't love it, but I ate it no problem. It was kind of sweet and kind of salty, and the egg and cheese were definitely right up my alley. Funnily enough, I didn't really taste the zucchini much. More than anything, it just added to the texture rather than the taste.
Unfortunately, the kids wouldn't even touch it...again. I'm not giving up though. Any tips you have on getting a toddler to at least taste something would be appreciated.

I'm glad I tried the one though. It was so easy to prepare that I'm sure there will be lots of yummy breakfast quiches in our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment