Pages

3.18.2015

Vegetable of the Month - Zucchini

This month we're taking on zucchini!

I've been a longtime fan of the Crispy Zucchini Fritte they serve at Maggiano's, and was hoping to find something similar that I could make at home. It's zucchini that is lightly breaded, then fried, and served with an aioli sauce. It's so good.

I'm happy to say I found an excellent substitute.

Vegetable - Zucchini
Recipe - Crisp Zucchini Bites with Garlic Aioli Dip
Bill was kind enough to whip these up for dinner tonight. It took a little longer then the 25 minutes the recipe stated (but with Madeleine as sous chef that was to be expected). They were so good; crunchy, yet still light. The best part was the aioli dip (didn't get a picture). It was zesty and full of flavor. Besides the zucchini, I'm glad I finally found a good aioli dip recipe as well.

Bill and I loved it, and will definitely make again. Unfortunately though, Madeleine and Seamus wouldn't even try it. Well, Madeleine tasted the sauce and wanted no more after that. Part of the reason I'm doing this series was to get Seamus to eat more vegetables, and so far, it hasn't work yet. He won't even try anything, and is too young to understand our whole "one bite" philosophy. So frustrating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment