Pages

4.27.2015

Let's Go To The Movies - The Age of Adaline

Over the weekend I saw The Age of Adaline with my mom and friend. I loved it, but not for the reasons you may think.

In the year 1937, Adaline Bowman (Blake Lively), age 29, is in an accident of such extraordinary circumstances that it causes her to stop aging. As her unique condition starts to pique the curiosity of the government, she is forced to leave her daughter and flee - never staying in the same place for more than a decade or so. She lives a quiet life alone, and resigns herself to a life without love - that is until she meets the dashing Ellis Jones (Michiel Huisman). As they grow closer, Adaline must decide whether to finally tell the truth about her condition or run again.

Basically, this movie required Blake Lively to be pretty - which she did very, very well. This film is not about the acting (it wasn't horrible by any means, but it wasn't great either). Actually, there seemed to hardly be any dialogue at all, so maybe the actors just didn't have much to work with. It didn't matter though, because this is a visual film, and it is visually stunning. Everything is romanticized and gorgeous. San Francisco is beautiful, the country and forests were beautiful, the interiors were beautiful, and OMG the costumes!!! I loved it all.

If I'm judging this film on its ability to entertain, then this film was a win for me. The story is compelling (had me in tears), the people are beautiful, and the setting again was fantastic. Pure escapism, and I loved it!




No comments:

Post a Comment