Pages

5.08.2015

2015 Met Gala Fashion Part 3

Okay, let's wrap this Met Gala fashion review up, shall we?

Jennifer Lopez
Jennifer Lopez rocked this Versace dragon gown. I did a complete 180 on this gown over the past few days, and if I had to do over again I would have put it in my first post of ladies who rocked it. I said here I wasn't a fan of the "naked" dresses, but if there was one that worked it was this one. The dragon is fantastic, and so on theme. I also love the pooling of red at the bottom. It's bold and risky, but it makes sense. I think I immediately dismissed it because it's pretty cliche for her, but for this event, it was actually the perfect choice. I can't believe I'm writing this, but great job, Jennifer!

Katy Perry
Katy Perry wore this black, graffiti Moschino gown. It's not on theme at all, but it was a bold choice. There's way too much going on though - lose the wig, gloves, and paint can purse and it maybe could have worked...maybe. This was a miss for me.

Jennifer Connelly
Jennifer Connelly wore this white lace Louis Vuitton number. I think Jennifer Connelly is one of the most beautiful women ever, and I appreciate her funky, slightly futuristic style; but this look was not my favorite. I don't mind the silhouette (she can pull off that shoulder), but the sleeves are too long and the fabric just wasn't doing it for me. White flowered lace over a black inlay hardly ever works, and this time was no exception. Her face and hair are stunning as always though.

Kristen Wiig
Kristen Wiig wore this lovely yellow Prabal Gurung dress. This is the best red carpet she's done in...ages. The dress, combined with her light hair and tanned skin makes for that perfect California casual look. Unfortunately, this is New York and the Met Gala, so it's all wrong. Perfect Golden Globes look though, and I loved all the gold bangles.

Olivia Munn

Olivia Munn wore this chic J. Mendel dress. She brought the drama. I loved how fluid it was, and the ombre colors. It's sexy and cool. Her sleek hair, big jewels, and perfect make-up really tied the look together. Awesome job, Olivia!!

Sienna Miller
Sienna Miller wore this funky Thakoon pant ensemble. The color is on theme, but it has a more Spanish feel than Chinese, I think. I love the fringe and the belt, but I think it needed some sort of black shirt under the jacket. I hoped she taped that thing down. Not bad, Sienna.

Olivia Wilde
Olivia Wilde wore this pink, jeweled Prada gown. I really liked the dress itself. Those jewels really made it and helped it feel on theme. However, the headband and gloves were too much. Too distracting. This was a case of a great dress and bad styling. 

Keri Russell
Kerri Russell brought the drama in this green, feathered Altuzarra frock. It's not on theme at all, but it's pretty awesome. The earth tone colors are gorgeous, and the different textures provide great visual interest. The simple hair and dramatic eye complete the look. Great job, Kerri!

Alison Brie
Allison Brie wore this royal purple Prabal Gurung gown, and it's a great gown. The color is gorgeous, and the silhouette lovely (love long sleeved dresses!). Her hair and make-up are flawless too. It's all the great textures though, that really made it for me. They don't seem like they should all work together, but they do. It's not on theme, but I'll give her a pass. Beautiful!

AND FINALLY...

Bee Shaffer
Bee Shaffer wore this stunning Alexander McQueen gown. I suppose when your mother is famed Vogue editor-in-chief, Anna Wintour, you're bound to look amazing. This may have been her mother's event, but Bee had the far better look. The burgundy color is gorgeous, and I loved the silhouette. That train is superb. It was the perfectly on theme pink cherry blossom detailing though that really did it for me. Met Gala perfection!

Jennifer Lopez image from here.
Sienna Miller image from here.
Oliva Wilde image from here.
Keri Russell image from here.
Alison Brie and Bee Shaffer images from here.
All other images from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment