Pages

6.29.2015

Vegetable of the Month - Artichoke Part Two

I totally copped out on this second artichoke recipe, but it looked soooo good that I couldn't help myself! This experiment is supposed to be about trying new recipes in an attempt to include more healthy vegetables in all our diets. Not, this one though. Nope, this one was all about taste for me.

Vegetable - Artichoke
Recipe - Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza
I love spinach artichoke dip and I love pizza; so I guessed I would love this, and boy was I right. It is really easy to prepare, and was incredibly delicious. It's a really heavy pizza though, and I was completely full after 1½ pieces. Any health benefit of the artichoke (and spinach) is most likely completely obliterated by all the cheese, sour cream, and bread; but man is it good!
I thought the kids would gobble this one down; but, of course, neither liked it. Seamus loves pizza, but he wouldn't even touch it. Madeleine ate a few bites at our insistence. At bite three she started gagging, so I told her she didn't have to eat any more. Geesh!

Any ideas for next month's vegetable?

2 comments: