Pages

7.15.2015

How Puzzling All These Changes Are!

I've always struggled to find good indoor toys for Madeleine, and seem to have had the most success with things she can create or build. We've had puzzles around the house for a while now, but she never seemed too interested...and she always needed our help to complete. Then, suddenly, it all clicked for her, and now she's really, really into puzzles!
This is her "puzzle robot." She will sit quietly by herself and put together all her puzzles. Then she'll take them apart and do them all again. It's a real turning point for her, as she usually doesn't like to play alone and always wants Bill or I to play with her instead. Seamus has always liked to play by himself, but Madeleine...not so much. There have actually been a few times lately where Madeleine is doing puzzles, Seamus is playing with his trains, and Bill and I are in the other room reveling in the fact that neither of our children need us for the moment. It's rare, but it's happened; and it's glorious!

Puzzles from top to bottom:
Solar System Floor Puzzle (48 pieces)
Vehicles Shaped Puzzle (36 pieces)
Disney ABC Puzzle (24 pieces)
Minnie Bow-tique 3 Puzzle Pack (24 pieces each)
Horses Shaped Puzzle (36 pieces)

My favorite puzzles for kids at the moment are from Crocodile Creek. They have such colorful and fun images, are really sturdy, and come in really cute boxes. The Vehicle and Horses puzzles above are both from Crocodile Creek (although I bought the first from Target and the second from Barnes & Noble). Madeleine seems ready for more advanced puzzles now, so I think we'll be picking up some of there Junior Puzzles soon. She would love the soccer and superhero ones.

Do your kids like puzzles? Do you? What other toys keep them quietly occupied inside? It's so hot here I'm always looking for fun stuff they can do indoors during the summer.

P.S. The title of this post is a Lewis Carroll quote from Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.  "How puzzling all these changes are! I'm never sure what I'm going to be, from one minute to another."

Just for the record, this was not a paid for or sponsored post (I wish).  I think this is a good product, so I just wanted to share.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE puzzels! I can tell you right now that when I have kids I will get my kids into puzzles!

    www.artadorned.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're fun, right? I definitely need to get some for myself soon too. Thanks for reading!

      Delete