Pages

7.06.2015

Shopping Made Easy

I really hate shopping for clothes lately. The effort and time it takes to get to the stores, trying on a dozen or more things, and feeling bad about myself because none of it fits. I'm lucky if I find anything at all. I'm really trying to build up my wardrobe again though (see here), so what's a girl to do?

Enter Stitch Fix!

What's Stitch Fix you ask? Well, it's a subscription shopping service, and it's pretty sweet. Here's how it works.

First, you fill out your Style Profile, which is fairly extensive. You put in your height, weight, and sizes, but it also asks you a lot of questions about how you like your clothes to fit. Do you like your clothes loose or fitted? What areas do you want to show off and what do you want to hide? They have style mood boards that you rate to gauge your style. They ask what colors and prints you like and how much you want to spend too.

Then, you pay $20 for them to...well, shop for you.

Finally, every month, you get a box of clothes in the mail!
In the box, you'll find 5 items - mostly clothes, but the occasional accessory too. They also give you these fun cards showing different ways to style your items, and an easy prepaid bag for any returns.
You get to try on the clothes in the comfort of your own home. Here's what I got in my first box - two shirts, a pair of jean shorts, black capri pants, and a necklace.
You decide what you want to keep and what you don't. If you decide to keep the item, you check it off online and are charged for the item. If you don't want the item, you check that online as well and just send it back in the prepaid bag provided. The $20 service fee is deducted from whatever you purchase (i.e. you decide to keep a $60 blouse, you only pay another $40 for it). If you keep everything, they give you 20% off your entire purchase. There is the off chance that you won't want to keep anything, in which case, you'd be out the $20 monthly fee. In my opinion though, the service they're providing - the convenience of it all, is worth that small risk.

I was really pleased with what I received in my first box - mostly because everything fit! I didn't keep it all though. I didn't need the necklace, and it wasn't really my style anyway. The shirts were both a tad long, and I didn't like how sheer they were. The jean shorts were too short for my personal taste. But the black capri pants...they were absolutely perfect! I could probably go on for a couple of hundred words how much I love these pants, but I'll just say I love them and leave it at that.

I went online and left comments on all the items letting them know what I liked and didn't like about each piece to help with my future boxes, paid for the pants, and returned the other four items.

It was the most pleasant shopping experience I've had in a while. There's no pressure or stress, plus it's nice to just get something fun in the mail too. I can't wait to get my next box!

Just for the record, this was not a paid for or sponsored post (I wish).  I think this is a good service, so I just wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment