Pages

8.14.2015

Midwest Vacation / Milwaukee, 8.5-10

We headed back up to Milwaukee for the last few days of our vacation. Thursday night we had Bill's mom and brother over for dinner. Then, Bill and I went out to see Trainwreck (see my review here).

On Saturday, we headed to downtown Milwaukee and took the kids to Discovery World. It's a fun little museum/aquarium along with great views of Lake Michigan.
The museum portion was a little advanced for the kids, but I think they really enjoyed the aquarium portion.
There's also a pretty cool ship inside that the kids enjoyed running around and playing on.
After the museum, we had lunch at one of our favorite local jaunts, Botanas. They have the best Enchilada Soup I've ever had. Seriously, we compare every Enchilada Soup to this one, and have yet to find its equal.

We headed back to the condo to rest and start packing up. Then, it was back to my mother-in-law's for one last dinner. On Saturday morning, my brother-in-law drove us to the airport and we headed back home.

It was a really fun trip. We had a great time seeing everybody, had a few little date nights, and took in a few sights too. It was also absolutely exhausting, and I feel like I need another vacation just Bill and I to actually get some rest now. Good times!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! And specially the kids!!

    www.artadorned.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, we did! Milwaukee and Chicago are such great cities.

      Delete