Pages

9.22.2015

2015 Emmy Fashion - Pretty in Pink

I was surprised by how many pink dresses there were at the Emmy's. So much fun! From pastel to hot...pink was definitely a popular choice. Let's take a look.

Carice Van Houten
Game of Thrones actress, Carice Van Houten wore this pretty Dior dress. I actually really liked this dress on its own, but it was far too juvenile a look for her and washed her out a bit as well. The tea length called for a really "wow" pair of shoes too, but unfortunately, these were not them. Her make-up, hair, and clutch are all cute though. Okay job.

Yael Stone
Yael Stone, from Orange is the New Black, wore this pastel pink gown (couldn't find the designer). I really liked this look for her. It's so pretty and soft. The fabric has an interesting texture, and the pleats are actually pretty flattering. Her hair and make-up really complimented the look well. Nice job!

Maisie Williams
Game of Thrones cutie, Maisie Williams, wore this quilted, Ermanno Scervino number. I liked her look from the top to her hip, but I had problems with the lower half. The length of the dress is not very flattering. It would have looked much better as a ball gown. I wasn't a fan of the shoes either. They look like boudoir slippers. I did like the interesting texture, color, and pockets. Her make-up was a bit too minimal, but I did really like her hair.

Joanne Froggatt
Joanne Froggatt wore this blush and black J. Mendel dress. I was on the fence on this one. I didn't mind the black color-blocking around the bodice, but I would definitely have scrapped the black, sheer train. It throws the look off for me. Her hair, make-up, and accessories were all cute though. Overall, this was just an okay look for me.

Jane Krakowski
Nominee, Jane Krakowski, looked fantastic in this blush colored Bibhu Mohapatra gown. I loved the color blocking on the bodice...very art deco. The silhouette is great too. From the peplum waist to the trumpet train, it was all working for me. Her hair and make-up looked great too. My only complaint was that this dress could have handled some serious jewels. A big diamond necklace or chandelier earrings would have made it absolutely amazing. Great job though, Jane!

Uzo Aduba
Winner, Uzo Aduba, wore this pink and navy Jonathan Cohen gown. The overall silhouette and color of the gown were good, but I didn't care for the navy paint splatter look around the middle. I would have much preferred this gown if it was just one solid color. Her hair was a little too bouffant for my taste, but she looks very pretty. Her jewelry and accessories were really good though. Love the bling!

Jessica Paré
Mad Men actress, Jessica Paré, wore this lovely Monse dress. I thought this was a great look. The color is great, the silhouette flattering, and the rose detail gives it a bit of visual interest. The styling was spot on with simple hair and minimal, but very sparkly, jewelry. Great look, Jessica!

Christine Baranski
Christine Baranski looked fabulous in this hot pink Zac Posen number. I loved it from head to perfectly pointed gold toe. The color looks great on her, and the column silhouette is really flattering on her tall and lanky frame. Hair, make-up, awesome gold accessories...all perfect. Fantastic job, Christine!

Samira Wiley
The adorable Samira Wiley wore this gorgeous Jill Sturat one-shouldered number. Again, I loved this color!! It looks so beautiful with her skin tone. I loved the simple column dress, and the cape detail keeps it from being boring. She looks statuesque and regal. Her hair and make-up look great, and those earrings and cocktail ring...stunning! Great look, Samira!

AND FINALLY...

Elisabeth Moss
I chose, Elisabeth Moss, in this hot pink Oscar de la Renta gown as my favorite pink dress of the night. The color is great, and I loved the little black detail along the bust. I especially loved the simple ball gown silhouette, which is really flattering on her. Her hair, make-up, and jewelry all compliment the look perfect. I think this might be the best red carpet look I've ever seen from her. Bravo, Elisabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment