Pages

9.14.2015

Vegetable of the Month - Turnips

This month we're trying a few turnip recipes. I've never had turnips before, let alone prepared them, so I wasn't sure what to expect.

Vegetable - Turnips
Recipe - Roasted Turnips with Balsamic Vinegar and Thyme
So, how did they go over? Um, not so great. Seamus dug right in, but promptly spit it out. Madeleine ate a bite too, but declared she didn't like it. I wasn't a huge fan either, but did at least eat my helping; as did Bill. I thought they were too sweet, but not in a good way like carrots. For me, the taste didn't match with what I was expecting based on the texture.

I'm not deterred though, as I think there is definite potential in the turnip. I have an interesting second recipe to attempt, so we'll see how it goes. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment