Pages

10.12.2015

More Toddler Friendly Halloween Movies

Can you believe Halloween is only three weeks away? We've already started prepping at our house. The decorations are mostly up, the costumes are set, and we've started watching fun Halloween shows on TV too. So, I decided I had to expand my list of Toddler Friendly Halloween Movies to include a few more I've found that are suitable for the four and under crowd - a little spooky, but still very innocent.

1. Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet the Wolfman / Alvin and the Chipmunks Meet Frankenstein

You don't get much more innocent then Alvin and the Chipmunks, am I right? Netflix is currently airing both of these classics. We watched the Wolfman one, and the kiddos both really liked it. We have yet to watch the Frankenstein one, but I'm sure it will go over just as well. They're colorful, have fun music for the kids, and parents will like them for their nostalgia factor too - at least I did.

2. Monsters vs. Aliens

We haven't actually watched this one yet, but we did watch the DreamWorks Spooky Stories shorts on Netflix featuring these characters and were pretty entertained. I DVR'd the full length movie, and plan on watching it with the kids this weekend.

3. Frankenweenie

I would describe the Tim Burton/Disney black and white film, Frankenweenie as a "gateway" film to the world of Tim Burton. I still think The Nightmare Before Christmas will be too scary for the kids, but this one they should be able to handle.

4. Paranorman

This is another one that I haven't seen yet, but looks like it fits the bill. We DVR'd this one too, and plan on watching in the upcoming weeks.

5. A Monster in Paris

We watched this one last weekend, and I thought it was pretty good. It was a bit of a strange idea, but it worked. It also has a really pretty song they sing throughout that I can't get out of my head.

6. The Book of Life

We watched The Book of Life a few weeks ago (it's currently on HBO), and I was so impressed with it. It's so colorful and the music is so fun. Loved it!

What are you guys watching this Halloween season with your kids? Anything on this list or the last one? Have you seen Hotel Transylvania 2 yet? I'm thinking of taking Madeleine one of these weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment