Pages

10.21.2015

Vegetable of the Month - Butternut Squash

Since it's October, I thought some sort of squash would be appropriate for this month's vegetable.

Vegetable: Butternut Squash
Recipe: Creamy Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
This recipe went over pretty well with all except Madeleine - she didn't care for it. Seamus dug right in, and was happily eating until he heard his sister declare she didn't like it. After that, he wouldn't eat any more. He copies anything she does, good or bad.

Bill really liked it, and I thought it was pretty good - a touch bland, but pretty good. I wanted it to be a bit more savory (or maybe tangy), but my limited culinary skills could not pinpoint what it needed to get it there. I, of course, just added more salt. It's definitely something I want to experiment a bit more with, maybe even turn it into a soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment