Pages

1.08.2016

2015 in Review - Everything Else

In between all the reading of books, watching of movies, cooking of vegetables, and critiquing celebrity fashion there was a whole lot of other stuff that went on in 2015. Let's take a look back.

JANUARY
In January we went horseback riding. We got new drapery for the living/dining room, and I finally made a decision on some throw pillows. I talked about my love of Downton Abbey (so glad it is back on), and how I essentially had no clothes and was going to start building up my wardrobe again.

FEBRUARY
In February I marked off another movie for my Disney Project. I talked about how the kids have grown and indoor camping. Then, Bill and I celebrated Valentine's Day by taking in a hockey game.

MARCH
When March rolled around, I attempted to get organized with grid cleaning (truth be told I didn't make much progress at it). I let you guys in on a great podcast I was listening to. We went to the Children's Museum of Phoenix for Seamus' birthday and threw him a little truck party - complete with dirt cake. I talked about some fun toys that the kids (and I) liked, why I love Netflix so much, and the new drapery and pillows I picked up for the family room.

APRIL
In April, we celebrated Easter (and decorated with bunnies too). I spray painted for the first time, and got a new bike. Finally, I turned 36 and talked about my cool birthday presents.

MAY
May brought about the opportunity for me to meet a woman I admire so much, Gabrielle Blair (aka Design Mom), when she stopped in Phoenix for her book signing. I talked about Madeleine's emerging tomboy style. I put together my first gift guide for Mother's Day, and talked about some more toys we love around here. I let you in on some new tops I had picked up to start building up my wardrobe. My secret love of Taylor Swift was revealed when I confessed to loving her new video. Then Madeleine's room and Seamus' room both finally got painted!

JUNE
In June I put together a gift guide for Father's Day. Inspired by The Age of Adaline, I started a new series called Dress the Part to show how you can interpret movie costuming into your real life wardrobe. Bill and I took a cooking class, and Madeleine got a cool new haircut. I marked off another movie for my Disney Project, and I added some more new tops to my wardrobe. Finally, we painted the downstairs powder room and got new shades for both the kids' rooms.

JULY
When July rolled around, we did a little planting in those pretty pots of ours. I found a new way to shop. We made ice cream pizzas and did a lot of puzzles. I restyled our bookshelves and found some fun new hand towels.

AUGUST
August started out with me raving about the Miracle 360 Cup (we still use it daily). I recapped our Mid-West vacation to Milwaukee, Chicago, and then Milwaukee again, which then inspired me to write up some tips for flying with toddlers. I debated getting a kimono (decided against it), Madeleine had her first day of school, and I shared some new music I was loving.

SEPTEMBER
In September I shared my favorite foundation make-up. We started another gallery wall in our family room. I shared another Dress the Part post inspired by The Age of Adaline again (plus had my first giveaway). I talked about the couple of new shows I was excited to start watching, and I shared some more cool toys we liked (which became my most viewed post of all). Finally, I went searching for the perfect desk for Madeleine's room.

OCTOBER
I was missing fall when October came, so I did some virtual sweater shopping. We got a cute little swing set for the kiddos, and I got some new baskets for under our living room bookshelves. I shared some more toddler friendly Halloween movies, and talked about a few random things going on. We decorated for Halloween both inside and outside. We went to the pumpkin farm and the Balloon Spooktacular.

NOVEMBER
I started November by recapping Halloween. Bill and I had a day date (we saw The Book of Mormon), and Madeleine turned 5! I talked about some new music, and Madeleine performed at a Dia De Los Muertos festival. I added some fun new clothes to my wardrobe, finally got Madeleine that new desk, and shared some new Netflix shows I was excited about.

DECEMBER
In December I recapped this year's Turkey Trot, and shared a children's book that I really liked. We went back to the Mid-West and spent the day in Chicago looking at all the Christmas decorations downtown. Back home, we decorated the Christmas tree, I shared our Christmas card, we visited Santa, and we made Christmas cookies. Finally, I shared our annual Elf Yourself video.

All in all, it was a very good year.

P.S. As if all this weren't enough, there of course was my monthly Crush Lists as well.
January Crush List | February Crush List | March Crush List | April Crush List | May Crush List | June Crush List | July Crush List | August Crush List | September Crush List | October Crush List | November Crush List | December Crush List

No comments:

Post a Comment