Pages

1.06.2016

2015 in Review - Movies

It's time to recap all the movies I saw last year and pick a favorite. There were so many good ones too. I don't know how the Academy does it!

Here's what I saw...
(the below links will take you to my review of the film here on the blog)

Into the Woods - Visually stunning and such beautiful music.


The Imitation Game - The bittersweet story of an unsung war hero.


Black or White - Taking on the controversial subject of racism in America in an unexpected way.


Woman in Gold - One woman's story to right the injustices done to her family during WWII.


The Age of Adaline - A love story and an amazing look at fashion through the ages.


Pitch Perfect 2 - A fun and energetic story about friendship and growing up.


Aloha - A story about second chances.


Jurassic World - Pure adventure fun.


Inside Out - A sweet tale about the complexity of human emotions.


Magic Mike XXL - Abs.


Ant-Man - Another story about second chances.


Trainwreck - A hilarious take on modern dating.


The Intern - Reminding us of all we can learn about life from the elderly.


The Martian - A story of survival.


Hotel Transylvania 2 - A story about acceptance.


The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2 - The final chapter to a beloved series.


Sisters - A story about family.


The Big Short - A story about greed and those that had the foresight to bet against it.


Star Wars: The Force Awakens - A new adventure for a new generation.

I narrowed down my favorites to these six...
The Age of Adaline
Jurassic World
Ant-Man
Trainwreck
The Martian 
Star Wars: The Force Awakens

The Age of Adaline won't appeal to everybody, but I loved it. It really resonated with me and inspired me to write two Dress the Part posts here and here.

Jurassic World and Ant-Man were just fun and didn't take themselves too seriously.

Trainwreck was by far the funniest movie I saw all last year.

The Martian was such a quiet, but captivating film.

But, if I had to pick one, it has to be Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I know, I was surprised too! It had a little bit of everything. It was visually stunning - great locations, effects, and costuming. It was funny. It was sad. It was fun and a great adventure story. There was good, there was evil, and there was the Millennium Falcon! It was both fresh and new, yet still nostalgic and comfortable - like coming home (and I don't even consider myself to be a big Star Wars fan!) It was very much the movie I didn't even know I was waiting for.

No comments:

Post a Comment