Pages

1.05.2016

2015 in Review - Vegetable of the Month

Last year, I did a series on the blog called "Vegetable of the Month", whereby I picked a new vegetable each month, tried two new recipes showcasing that vegetable, and let you all know how it went over with me and the family (specifically the kiddos).

Here's a rundown of what we tried.

January | BROCCOLI
 Recipe 2 - Broccomole
February | BEETS
March | ZUCCHINI
April | EGGPLANT
Recipe 1 - Baba Ganoush
Recipe 2 - Eggplant Jerky
May | CAULIFLOWER
June | ARTICHOKE
July | SPAGHETTI SQUASH
August | CARROTS
September | TURNIPS
October | BUTTERNUT SQUASH
November | SWEET POTATOES
December | Green Beans

Some were just okay and some just gosh darn awful (I'm talking to you turnip cupcakes), but a lot of them were really good. My favorites were...


By far though, the best Vegetable of the Month recipe I did all year was the Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes with Herbed Goat Cheese.
They were perfection.

Bon Appétit!

P.S. The above links will take you to my blog post about each recipe where you can then find the link to the actual recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment