Pages

3.30.2016

Easter Recap

Another Easter has come and gone. We celebrated just the four of us, but I made sure to get in most of our little family traditions...barely.

The day before Easter, we finally got around to coloring eggs!
The waiting is the hardest part.
Seamus was finally able to take his eggs in and out by himself this year. Not to say there weren't a few drips and spills, but for the most part, he did great!
Hey look, I actually made it into a picture.  And yes, I am wearing shorts and a tank top in March! Gotta love AZ.
They were very proud of the end result, and super excited for the Easter Bunny to come too!
The rest of Saturday was pretty quiet. We watched Hop, and played outside. Then, after the kids went to bed, I decorated the Lamb Cake while watching Easter Parade. Love me some Fred Astaire and Judy Garland, although it really is a silly little movie (love this review of the film here by the way - so funny!).

Next up, came Easter morning!

The kids ran around looking for their Easter Baskets. Seamus found his (or Madeleine found his for him) under the telescope hidden by toys. Madeleine's was in the drying rack.
The Easter Bunny also hid eggs all around the house too. They had a blast running around and finding them all.
After all the morning madness, we sat down and had our Easter breakfast. This is one of my favorite traditions from my own childhood. I had a little trouble finding some of the staples though, but we made due. (Hey AZ - why no lamb butter to be found anywhere?)  We ate the eggs we had colored, kielbasa, and some Easter blessing bread.

After breakfast, Madeleine and I went to church. They held it outside, which is always nice.

After that, it turned into a regular old Sunday for a little bit. I did some laundry, the kids played outside, Seamus napped, etc. I did, however, manage a decent little Easter dinner. I had picked up a pre-cooked boneless 4lb. ham, which is the greatest thing ever. All we had to do was heat it up for an hour and boom - Easter ham! In addition, I made these Bacon Wrapped Sweet Potatoes with Herbed Goat Cheese, green beans, dinner rolls, and the Easter Lamb Cake for dessert.
All in all, it was a really nice day.

P.S. 2015 Easter Recap | Multiplying Like Rabbits | Happy Easter

No comments:

Post a Comment