Pages

4.06.2016

Gift Guide - New Baby Gifts

Apparently, I have babies on the mind. Which is not to say that I want any more personally. We're totally good over here with our two. It's just I'm appreciating all the squishy cuteness my friends have produced lately. I visit, I cuddle, and then I go home to my 5 and 3 year old and appreciate the fact that I get to sleep (most nights) and am so very close to being done with diapers. In light of all the feels, I thought I'd share some of my favorite items to give friends and family when a new baby enters their life. Enjoy!

Sweet little Sophie. I got this for both of my kids, and it truly is the best first toy out there for new babies (plus it's French!). She's soft to the touch, easy to hold, squeaks when squeezed, and is made from 100% natural rubber and food grade-paint. She's completely safe to chew on, and chew they will. (Madeleine was always chomping on her Sophie.) It's an adorable little addition to any nursery.   

These teething necklaces are both functional and stylish, and we all know how hard it is for a new mom to feel stylish. They add a punch of color to any basic outfit all the while allowing baby something soft to grab at and chew. Such a great idea!

5-Pack Body Suits and Essential 2-Pack pants from Carter's ($22 - $26.00)
(Boys Body Suits and Pants | Girls Body Suits and Pants)
Baby clothes are always fun, but I specifically like to give these body suit and pants sets from Carter's. They're cute, comfy, and really practical. High quality, but not at all expensive. They're perfect for everyday wear. (My kids lived in these sets as infants.) I also love to give Carter's footie pajamas and sleeper gowns too.

BabyLit Primers by Jennifer Adams and Alison Oliver ($9.99 each)
Books are always a great gift for baby, and I especially love these board books based on classic literature. They're cute and the colors and illustrations are bold and fun. (Seamus still loves his Sherlock Holmes one, and we have Moby Dick too.) It's never too early to get them into the classics!  

Chamois Stroller Blanket from Pottery Barn Kids ($29.50 + $9 for monogramming).
I received this blanket from a family member for both of my kids (actually Madeleine received two!) and I loved them so much. They're really soft and the perfect size and weight too. They're great to throw over the car seat or stroller when its chilly or downright cold. (My kids still use theirs all the time.) I can't recommend this blanket enough, and definitely spring for the monogram to add that sweet little personal touch.

There you have it. Hope this helps the next you need a new baby gift. Some other easy and practical things to give are diapers from The Honest Company (so cute!) or a gift card to Target. Sandra Boynton board books are really fun too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment