Pages

4.20.2016

This And That

And now, a random post about a bunch of things I've been meaning to share, but don't necessarily warrant a full post. Enjoy!

1. My Birthday.
I turned 37 a few weeks ago. It was a pretty uneventful birthday, and 37 feels pretty much the same. I re-visted my 5-Year Plan, and realized I'm two years in and haven't crossed much off my list. I'll have to write an update post though. Even though I can't fully cross anything off the list, I have made progress. I'm actually feeling like life is pretty good right now, and I plan on really enjoying these last few years of my thirties.

2. Crochet.
I've been wanting to learn how to crochet for ages now. So, while my mom was in town, I had her start showing me some of the basics. I can make a chain, and I'm rocking the single crochet stitch, but haven't learned much beyond that. I just need to sit down and watch some YouTube videos. I definitely see lots of afghans and blankets in my future though.

3. What I'm watching.
Season 2 of Outlander started back up, and it's as good as I was hoping for. Two of my favorite Netflix shows just started back up again too - Season 2 of Daredevil and Season 2 of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. So far, I enjoyed Season 1 of each of these shows better than Season 2, but I still find them both entertaining enough to finish the second season of each.


4. Working Out.
I've been working out a lot lately. For the past month, Monday through Saturday, I've been getting up at 5am and doing a Tracy Anderson workout DVD. Then, just last week, I switched to running in the morning and doing strength training every other day. The scale hasn't noticed a difference yet, but I can tell I'm getting stronger and have maybe lost an inch or so here and there. I'm hoping I have actually developed a new and good habit here and can actually make some progress towards my fitness goals.

5. Seamus.
Seamus finally figured out how to climb out of his crib, so we're moving him into a toddler bed. I ordered this one, and he can't wait for his red bed to come. I'm hoping to finally finish decorating his room now that the crib is gone too. It's the end of an era!

So, that's what's been going on with me lately. What's new with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment