Pages

4.18.2016

Touring Arizona - Sedona

It's been almost two years since I went to Sedona last (see here). So, when my parents came down for a visit last week, we decided to all take a day trip North to see the beautiful red rocks.
We timed our arrival so we'd get there by lunchtime. We ate an early lunch at HP Cafe, which I thought was just okay. It suited our needs though.  It was also cooler than I had expected, and I was glad we had brought our jackets.

After lunch, we went on a Pink Jeep Tour. I was looking for an activity that would allow us to see more of the red rocks, but keep the kids contained. This worked perfectly.
We did the Red Rock Range Tour, which started out with a really windy drive through Sedona. We had our hoods up and covered ourselves with blankets too!
The kids loved when the jeeps finally went off-road!
Ours was actually a pretty mild tour on mostly dirt and gravel paths, but some of the tours are really hard core off-road experiences. I'd love to do another more intense tour some time.
Ours did offer some really great views though. Bill even spotted some old cliff-dwellings!
There was gorgeous scenery everywhere you turned. Bill took all these photos with just his GoPro and selfie stick. He would just stick the camera out the window of the jeep and snap away with the remote.
There was so much to explore and see...including the biggest anthill I have ever seen in my life! I think the kids really enjoyed themselves.
Heck, I really enjoyed myself. I'm continually amazed how beautiful Arizona is. Can you believe this is only 90 minutes from our house?
Sedona is such a gorgeous place and I look forward to many more visits there.

No comments:

Post a Comment