Pages

5.27.2016

(Don't) Walk This Way

Summer is approaching Phoenix, which means, unlike most rest of the country, we're running out of time to tackle our outdoor projects. Believe me, when temperatures hit 115°F, outside is the last place you want to be.

So, a few days ago, Bill took it upon himself to remove the big, ugly walkway that leads from our porch to the pool. Yay!
I know what you're thinking. Wait, what about your new kitchen back splash! Well, you see, that's not how Bill and I role. We like to get projects about 90% complete, and then abandon them for totally new projects, never knowing if or when we'll ever finish the first project. I kid, I kid, but also I'm totally not. So, unfortunately, you'll have to wait a bit longer for the big back splash reveal.

But back to the walkway. We weren't fans. They were just these giant cement slabs with a hideous faux finish on them that cut the yard in half. A while back, Bill dug up the edge pieces on each side, but we still had to tackle the big slabs. He gave a sledge hammer a try, but we quickly realized this was a job for a jackhammer. He rented one from the hardware store and got to work!
It quickly turned into this!
Then, after all the rocks got cleared away (aka moved to the side of our house for the time being), we were left with this!
And here it has stayed as we try to figure out what to do with it now. Seriously, 90% done, then we stall out. For now, we're thinking we just want grass here, but we're not sure if we should attempt to grow some (which can be difficult in Phoenix) or just lay down some sod.

If we ever make a decision and finish it up, you know I'll be sure to share, but I have no idea when that will be. I guess you'll just have to check back here every day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment