Pages

5.09.2016

Mother's Day At The MIM

We spent the day before Mother's Day at the Musical Instrument Museum here in Phoenix. I had been wanting to check out the special Stradivarius: Origins and Legacy of the Greatest Violin Maker exhibit they have going on right now. So, when Bill suggested it for Mother's Day; I was all in. I played violin for many years growing up, and the violin holds a special place in my heart. I couldn't wait to check out the exhibit.
It was pretty cool to see violins that were hundreds of years old in such amazing condition and in some circumstances, still being played today.
There was actually only one Stradivarius in the exhibit, and of course I had to pose with it. It's the closest I'll ever come to ever getting to play one.
After the exhibit, we headed to the Experience Gallery where Madeleine and Seamus were able to try out all sorts of instruments.
Madeleine was especially partial to the drums. She totally wants a drum set now with cymbals and everything.
Seamus wasn't particular - he ran around and played everything. We had lunch at the museum, toured a bit more, and then ended up back in the Experience Gallery for another jam session.
Then, on Mother's Day I got to do whatever I wanted. I slept in, and had breakfast in bed. I got lots of homemade gifts and even the Kate Spade necklace I mentioned here from Bill. I spent time with the family, I spent time by myself, and of course, I napped. Bill took care of the kids all day long, and it was the best gift ever!
That was my Mother's Day. How did you spend your day?

No comments:

Post a Comment