Pages

7.13.2016

This And That



1.  Love this top!
I picked up this top from The Loft, and I'm really liking it. It's really structured, but comfortable, and the little peplum is both really flattering and fun. I've been thinking of doing some fashion posts showcasing outfits I put together, but I'm still trying to figure out how best to do that.        

2.  Madeleine's playing basketball.
Madeleine's big summer activity this year was basketball! She was very excited to be part of a real team with real uniforms and real games. She was the only girl on her team, and one of the only girls in the entire league. She's doing great. What she lacks in height and skill, she makes up for with speed and determination.

3. This movie looks like it could be good.  
I'm intrigued by this film, La La Land. It's an original musical starring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone (loved them together in Crazy Stupid Love). I'm hoping it will be good, but the trailer is pretty cryptic, so who knows.

4.  Stray Palm  
A little while back we noticed a little palm tree had started growing randomly in our back yard. All of a sudden, it seems to be not so little anymore. I love the irony that I can't seem to grow anything to save my life, but this little seed did it all on its own. I get it Mother Nature, you're awesome like I can never be. I think I've identified it as a Washingtonia Robusta aka Mexican Fan Palm. I love it, but it can't stay where it is much longer. I'm hoping we can transplant it to another area of the yard successfully. Wish us luck.

5.  The State of the World
Finally, I'm having trouble dealing with all the terrible events that keep occurring here in the US and around the world. I seem to internalize everything, and when these terrible events just keep piling up on top of each other so quickly, it gets really hard sometimes. I wish there was something tangible I could do to help make things better, but it all seems so small compared to the magnitude of hate and fear that continues to make headlines. I take comfort in the fact that I am raising kind children who love more than they hate, but it doesn't seem enough. What else can I do? What are you doing?

Please be kind to one another!  

No comments:

Post a Comment