Pages

8.01.2016

Let's Go To The Movies - Hunt for the Wilderpeople

Today, I'm really excited to tell you all about a new little film out of New Zealand, The Hunt for the Wilderpeople.

Foster kid, Ricky Baker, has been passed around from family to family as far back as he can remember.  He might actually have found a forever home though, when he is taken in by a sweet country woman, Bella, and her gruff and wild husband, Hec (Sam Neill). When tragedy strikes the farm, Ricky runs away into the dangerous New Zealand bush. Hec follows, and rather than letting Ricky get taken back into the system, the two decide to evade the law in a manhunt that soon captivates the entire nation.

I had no idea what this film was about going in - hadn't even seen the preview. My movie buddy said it looked really good though, and that it had a 99% positive rating on Rotten Tomatoes (which is practically unheard of), so I went for it. I'm so glad I did because this was, by far, the best movie I have seen in some time. It was a wickedly clever and delightful film; full of heart and really action-packed too. Young Julian Dennison is a treat, while Sam Neill gives one of his finest performances. If you're looking for one last film to check out this summer, the highly entertaining, The Hunt for the Wilderpeople, is it. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment